Head of Estates
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Estates to take responsibility for 80+ properties within the residential and supported living care sector.
The core purpose of the role will be to support and manage all Property related aspects across the company.
To effectively assist and support the Managing Director, Group Property Director and Operational Management through:
- The management of over 80 residential and supported living care homes, within the young adult sector, primarily distributed across the Midlands and North of England.
- Being responsible for the safe and efficient management, operation and development of all property related functions and resources.
- Leading the planning, development, and management of site staff resources, including coordination and delegation of relevant activities.
- Being directly involved in developing, reviewing, and monitoring property-related policies to ensure property H&S compliance ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
- Maintain adequate reporting to the Group Property Director and Group Facilities Manager in an accurate and timely manner as required.
- Oversee the reactive maintenance across the estate managing the external maintenance contractors.
- Oversee the planned refurbishment programme of the property portfolio.
- Undertake site visits with Operational Management to audit and identify areas of enhancement to provide excellent quality homes for the people we care for and support.
- Lead and develop the Property and Facilities Management team to ensure that the company has an effective, engaged, and high performing team with the right skills and experience to deliver a high-quality premises and estates management service.
- Provide strong leadership and management for a team of maintenance and facilities professionals.
- You must experience working within the specialist your adult care sector, this could include work gained in either the private sector or for the NHS.
- You will either be a qualified Surveyor (MRICS) or a qualified Facilities Manager (IWFM, NEBOSH, IOSH).
- You must be able to pass DBS checks.
- Experience managing a role out a programme of refurbishment projects and budget control.
- Delivering compliance across a property portfolio.
- Experience using Facilities Management IT systems.
- Ability to travel throughout the property portfolio.