Property Management Surveyor
You will be responsible for the management of a diverse commercial property portfolio within the Midlands area.
Managing a mixed portfolio of commercial, industrial and retail properties.
The role will require regular and direct communication with the investor/landlord based clients and the supervision of a number of other property managers and on-site staff.
Future progression could include taking greater responsibility for the aspects of the management of the portfolio.
- Strategic review and preparation of due diligence information in preparation for acquisitions, purchases & sales.
- Preparing client reports on the property management service and regular formal reporting to clients.
- Management of rental and other income including tenant indebtedness.
- Provide support and assistance to clients in connection with value enhancement opportunities including rent reviews, lettings and lease renewal programmes.
- Deliver additional services and drive additional fee generation where possible.
- Reporting to and working with clients on tenure and physical improvements to properties.
- Dealing with tenant applications for consent to assign, sublet and alter.
- Identifying opportunities to negotiate re-gears or reversions to achieve value enhancement, taking client instructions and progressing these negotiations on behalf of the client for additional fees.
- Undertaking or arranging property inspections.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations in relation to use and maintenance obligations.
- Preparation and administration of service charge expenditure.
- Overseeing the provision of common services to properties and tenants.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation including Health and Safety and other regulations.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Working with landlords and tenants on all other matters relating to the clients’ property portfolio.
- Liaising with client’s agents, solicitors and other consultants.
- Supervising, directing and maintaining up to date records for site-based staff.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Commercial property management experience in a similar role.
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor is preferred but not essential.
- Experience managing a varied portfolio of commercial properties.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to swiftly build gravitas amongst clients.
- Developing talent for leading teams whilst helping to coach and develop others.
- Positive attitude, true team player with a ‘can do’ approach.